- You are here
- About Us
- Post 16
A joint Sixth Form is offered between six (soon to be eight) of the Academies providing students with an unrivalled variety of choice ranging from 'A' Level to International Baccalaureate and vocational qualifications.
Post 16 is a transitional stage between compulsory education and life in employment, higher education or training. Students are therefore expected to take far more responsibility for learning than in Year 11. The Federation expects a high standard of conduct and a professional appearance, and looks for the development of good working relationships and the study habits vital for success in later life.
The Harris Federation Post 16 aims:
- To encourage the highest academic standards and to enable each student to achieve his/her full potential.
- To encourage and maintain personal high standards in work, conduct and presentation and to foster an acceptance of individual responsibility in this respect.
- To place every student on a programme of study appropriate to his/her ability and needs.
- To allow every student individual freedom wherever possible, in order to prepare him/her for planning his/her time at University or for entry into employment.
- To provide all necessary guidance with regard to entry to Universities, Colleges of Higher Education or employment.
- To encourage every student to take a full and active part in the life of the Federation and to contribute to its leadership.
Please click here to be directed to our Post Sixteen website.
Strong links have been developed with a range of top quality Universities including Oxbridge Colleges for the benefit of Harris Students.