Harris Federation: GCSE results 2012
Percentage of students with five good passes including English and Maths:
- Average improvement of 3% points since 2011, and 33% points since opening
- Near perfect result at our longest established school, Harris City Academy Crystal Palace – 99.4%
- Vast improvements in two of our newest Academies, both open for a year – Harris Academy Beckenham has gone from 36% to 52% and Harris Academy Bromley from 53% to 66%
- Results at Harris Academy Falconwood and Harris Academy South Norwood have now quadrupled since opening
- All but 3 Academies have improved their results this year
- Three years early, every Harris Academy has met and surpassed the Government’s 2015 floor target of 50%.
GCSE improvements across the Harris Federation have been sustained and built upon this year, with an average increase of three percentage points in the proportion of students gaining five or more A* - C passes including English and Maths.
This brings the average improvement in our academies since opening to 33 percentage points, compared to the scores achieved under the LEA in each of the predecessor schools to our Academies.
In the time that it has been open, Harris City Academy Crystal Palace has increased its results from nine to 99%. Harris Academy Peckham has gone from five to 55%.
Other notable achievements are:
- Harris Academy Falconwood has improved from 57% in 2011 to 68% in 2012. The summer before the Academy opened in 2008, just 17% of students achieved five good passes including maths and English – the achievement rate has quadrupled in the four years that have followed.
- Harris Academy South Norwood has hit the 80% threshold for the first time, up from 75% last summer and 20% in the predecessor school’s last set of results.
- Our two new Academies in the London Borough of Bromley, both of which replaced struggling schools, have performed outstandingly. Harris Academy Beckenham has increased its achievement rate from 36% to 52% and Harris Academy Bromley from 53% to 66%.
Commenting the results, Sir Dan Moynihan, CEO of the Harris Federation said:
“I would like to congratulate all of our students, teachers and Principals on another year of strong results. All of our Academies have performed very strongly against their predecessor schools, with an average improvement of 33 percentage points since opening.
“Two of our Academies have quadrupled their results since opening and a further two are performing at least ten times better – Harris City Academy Crystal Palace, which has gone from nine per cent to 99% and Harris Academy Peckham which has gone from five per cent to 55%.”