Harris Academy Beckenham
Harris Academy Beckenham is an 11-18 school which opened in September 2011 and became co-educational in 2012 admitting girls for the first time into Year 7. The Academy has specialisms in Science and Enterprise alongside a broad, balanced and rigorous curriculum. The sixth form joined the Harris Federation Post 16 in September 2012.
We have improved our headline 5A*-C (including English and Maths) by 26% in our opening two years, and our A Level results have improved year on year also.
- A personal best culture in which parents are confident their son or daughter is being fully stretched and developed
- Emphasis on the traditional values of good manners, strong discipline and smart uniform – as well as the best of modern teaching methods and technology
- Teaching that is consistently good and outstanding
- An Academy that nurtures strong interpersonal skills and the aspiration to be successful
- The support and structures to inspire the best in every student, whether they need to be stretched, are struggling, or are somewhere in the middle
- An admissions system that welcomes students of every academic ability
- A culture of involving parents fully with their children’s education and school life in general
- A smart, neat and affordable Academy uniform
- Students and staff that become established as trusted and reliable faces in the local community
- Active support from the Harris Federation, a charity with a clear track record in developing outstanding schools