Harris Academy Beckenham Reaches 'Outstanding' in Latest Ofsted Report
Harris Academy Beckenham has been rated 'Outstanding' in every category in its latest Ofsted inspection.
The school, which joined the Harris Federation six years ago, replacing the previously failing Kelsey Park Sports College, was praised for the success of its teaching and the excellent conduct of students.
- “Leaders at all levels in the school are aspirational for their pupils. They are determined that pupils will enjoy learning and achieve academic success.”
- “Teachers know their pupils well and plan challenging activities which meet the needs of all groups of pupils and enable them to make outstanding progress.”
- “Teachers are aspirational for their pupils and set high expectations for them. Pupils respond positively. They are determined to do their best and are confident about meeting ambitious targets set by their teachers.”
- “The school’s learning ethos of resourcefulness, reciprocity, resilience and reflectiveness has a strong impact on pupils’ personal development.”
- “Pupils’ behaviour is outstanding. Their conduct is exemplary and contributes to a mature learning environment.”
Rebecca Hickey, Executive Principal of Harris Academy Beckenham, said:
“We are absolutely delighted to have received the top rating of ‘Outstanding’. It’s a reflection of the tremendous effort made by staff and students in every aspect of academy life. I am particularly pleased that Ofsted recognised the maturity and respectfulness of our students and their exemplary conduct, as well as our innovative WORD (literacy) programme.”
“We are all very proud of this result. This success will only add to the excitement of moving into our brand new building in September. As we near the end of the academic year, it is wonderful to end on such a high note and I would like to thank everyone who has been involved in making Harris Academy Beckenham an ‘Outstanding’ school.”